Re: Windows problem - 400% off list!

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Sun, 08 Aug 1999 06:10:07 -0400
 To:  Reywob(at)aol.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>HELP!!!  Every time I switch on my computer I find that the icons on the
>desktop are rearranged.

Hi Peter,

I don't have an answer to your problem (I thought Brandon had the answer,
but apparently not in your situation), but I can offer a temporary work
around. PC Magazine is offering a free utility called IconLock. Briefly,
IconLock lets you save the positions of your desktop icons and restore them
from a right click off the desktop. I've been using it after changing
screen resolutions, but you may find it helpful until you can resolve your
problem.

The address for IconLock is:

http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/18/14/ut1814.001.html

Info useful to you about using IconLock:

http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/18/14/ut1814.003.html

Best wishes,

Mark Horvath
--