Re: How do they disable this feature?

by "Write Now, Inc." <writer(at)jlc.net>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jan 2000 18:31:56 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  cbcando(at)juno.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks to Gary Lowe for sending me this javascript that disables the right
click ability to copy a page or a graphic from a page.

dana

The javascript you are looking for is below.

<!-- Begin
function right(e) {
function right(e) {
var msg = "Sorry, you don't have permission to right-click.";
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && e.which == 3) {
alert(msg);
return false;
}
else
if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && event.button==2) {
alert(msg);
return false;
}
return true;