Re: More stupid basic . . .

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:39:48 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:43 AM 6/24/00 -0500, Charla & Ed Springer wrote:
>Don't forget charities, non-profit groups, and community agencies. Much
>broader audience, more browser versions. But your right, gotta know your
>target audience.
>
>Edward Springer

Aaaah. Excellent point Edward.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong here but . . .

"charities, non-profit groups, and community agencies" make a very solid
argument for avoiding ~anything~ except stringently adhered to *validated*
HTML. By their very nature they are "to be accessible by the *general*
public ".

Bottom line (I obviously feel can not be stressed strongly enough): DO YOUR
DEMOGRAPHIC RESEARCH FIRST and then write to that "need".

I would argue that doing this would preclude (in almost all cases) the
"need" to have multiple versions of a site <taking a breath> with the
exception of ~personal~ pages . . . possibly ;-).

Fuzzy.
Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us