Re: Font Question

 Date:  Sun, 09 Jul 2000 09:08:19 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lauri,

*yes* some fonts definitely render better in italics than others. As a -
general - rule, wider and bolder fonts render better when italicized.

The problem is that it is virtually (actually - as far as I know)
impossible to know whether your site visitor will have that font available
on their system (regardless of which font you choose to define).

SO . . .

Be careful to not define a font out of "need" in your presentation :-)

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 12:31 AM 7/9/00 +0300, =3D?iso-8859-4?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg=3D=3D?=3D wrote:
>Hello listers,
>I've noticed that fonts don't render very well using italics(at least in
>WWW browsers they don't). This fact has also been confirmed by other
>members of HWG. I wondered: "Do some fonts render better as italic text
>than others?" Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Best wishes,
>Lauri V=E4in