Re: Image alignment Problem

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:37:41 -0400
 To:  <HWG-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
With all due respect Steve (et al),

Please notice the broken TD tag (TD>). That will cause the page to display
completely unpredictably all by its self.

Now, it's completely true that this application could very well require the
clear tag to make the page perform as desired. However, as long at that
code is broken the page _will_ display improperly and unpredictably.

I snagged a copy of the page. I fixed the code. I can state for a fact that
the whole darned page looked different after ~only~ the HTML was repaired.

Not looking for an argument, just trying to fix the page and learn
something in the process:
Fuzzy

At 12:40 AM 7/10/00 -0400, Steven Antonio wrote:
>Hi there Fuzzy,
>
>Your right, the page doesn't validate, but the problem Jakob presented
>wasn't related to the errors you saw reported.  Fix those errors and you
>will still be left with a page that has floated images that are nested and
>the resulting layout will be the same.  In this case, the layout produced
>wasn't created because of invalid code, but incorrect code for the layout
>intended.  Jakob's problem has been a learning experience for me as this is
>the first time I've come across a scenario that required the 'clear'
>attribute for the break tag.  It intrigued me enough to experiment a little
>and break out the W3C spec..
>
>Hopefully, I didn't muddy the waters further.  Or should I say fuzzy :-)
>
>Steve
Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us