Re: Image alignment Problem

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:01:39 -0400
 To:  kixi(at)altavista.net
 Cc:  HWG-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jakob,

Congratulations.

You have the ~only~ HTML document published to the Internet who's
operation/display *is not* affected by errors in the code!!

As far as my steering this off topic. Rest assured I will make no further
comments on this thread beyond this message.

Now, put on your asbestos mouse mitten. I have something to say you are
probably not going to like.

Let me tell you something, I DO make mistakes. However, one mistake I DO
NOT make is in the statement that ANY error in the code WILL render a page
unpredictable and unreliable. This simply IS NOT opinion, it is fact.

If you and your "helper" can not accept the facts as facts, that is YOUR
problem pal.

I am on this list for two reasons:

1) I know the language (HTML) inside and out - NO EDITOR NEEDED. I can
write a - standards compliant - page just as well with pencil and paper as
a computer. That is not a boast, it is a fact I can substantiate quickly.

2) This list is the premier place to find the people still thinking a
program you can buy at a store actually does all the thinking for them and
thus: Viola: You by the program =3D you are a web developer. I make soooo
damn much money fixing the garbage these editors put out I feel guilty
about it. Being on this list, and *trying* to help inform people, eases my
conscience a little.

Think I'm going to waste any more time on this? Get real. I'm not *that*
sentimental. I would just as soon make money from your customers too.

It is safe to remove that mouse mitten now, I'm through.

SeaYa,
Fuzzy

At 11:03 PM 7/10/00 +0200, Jakob D=F6lling wrote:
>Hello Fuzzy and all:
>
>"Captain F.M. O'Lary" wrote:
>> Please notice the broken TD tag (TD>). That will cause the page to=
 display
>> completely unpredictably all by its self.
>
>This error is know but it doesn't contribute to the problem I originally
>asked. It seems to me that you want to influence the discussion getting
>OT. Could we (if anybody is interrested at all) get back to the
>originally prroblem? I personally think everything in order to fix my
>problem is said and I want to thank Mr. Antonio providing me the
>solution and the rest of you providing your opinnions. I do not want
>turning of the diskussion, but I won't get this diskussion offtopic.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Jakob D=F6lling
>--=20
>To Unix or not to Unix. That is the question whether 'tis nobler in the
>mind to suffer slings and arrows of vast documentation or to take arms
>against a sea of buggy OS and by raping the support lines end then?
>;>
>
>Contact:
>/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
>\/Jakob D=F6lling     \/EMail:     mailto:alligott(at)yahoo.com      \/
><>Treuerzipfel 13   <>ICQ #:     47326203                       <>
>/\D-38678 Clausthal /\ICQ pager: mailto:47326203(at)pager.icq.com  /\
>\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
>/\Webmaster of http://www.bank-ic.de/                           /\
>/\Private URL: http://members.xoom.com/kadnmos/                 /\

Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net