Re: WAP <Holy COW>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 15:00:14 -0400
 To:  ErthWlkr(at)aol.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Now this *is* depressing.

Jeff Kopito, I hate to burst your bubble.

1) That wasn't even in the ball park with sarcasm, for me.

2) My mail volume hovers around 250 messages a day. I would have to go
_way_ back to figure out what message you may be referring to "in a
previous e-mail". Sorry, I don't have time for that.

3) My friend, the *only* mountain I am on, is the one built by valid HTML.
I ain't leaving it, because it works reliably and predictably. If _anyone_
has a problem with that - fine. I don't care at all, not even a little bit.

Now, if you are still reading this please allow me to add:

After I sent that message I reread it and realized that *some* people could
*possibly* construe it as a flame directed at "Austin Bill-P23393". It was
not. Austin Bill-P23393, if you took it as one, I apologize.

I was (apparently) foolishly trying to focus on the issue, I was also still
smiling from (what I mentally decided was) Bill's slip up. From what I have
seen of Bill, he knows darned good and well that content drives the
Internet - not graphics. Hell, I have NO idea if that will still be true in
the future (somehow I doubt it) but it is a fact now.

Now, just because I'm sure *someone* out there in list land must be
convinced that I'm a know - it - all Moron, I would like to admit that I
learned something from the post made a little while ago by Brian
(comharsa(at)clara.net).

I learned that it will cost a wheel barrow (cart) full of money to get me
to write a complete second site in WML. I figure if the vendor (site owner)
wants to focus on an audience that small (at this time) they have more
money than sense anyway - I might as well put the _neighbors_ kids through
college too!

Ain't capitalism great !?!?!?!?

:-)
Fuzzy
P.S. Seriously Jeff, I'm sorry if you took my message personally, but I
respectfully suggest you get over it PDQ and focus on what we are here for.
If you would like to zip me a flamegram reply, **fine** I welcome it as
your right, but do it off list please.

At 01:42 PM 7/12/00 EDT, ErthWlkr(at)aol.com wrote:
[ . . . ]

>You're not confused - just too intent on displaying your sarcasm......
[ . . .]

>And I'm not entirely sure why it might be directed towards a comment that I
>made in a previous email.
[ . . .]
>Come down off the mountain a bit - your message will be more easily
>understood.
>
>- a humble student,
>     Jeff Kopito
Captain F.M. O'Lary