Re: W3C and java

by "Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:02:29 -0400
 To:  Kevin Bayley <webmaster(at)prairienorth.com>,
HWG Basics List <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The reason is pretty simple Kevin.

1) If it doesn't validate, you are using the wrong DTD or there are errors
in the script.

2) The reason it validates without the script is because it either conforms
to the DTD you *are* using, or it *has no* DTD and thus nothing to compare
the language to (a VERY dangerous situation by the way) so it "takes a
pass" at trying to parse the page according to the "rules".

Either way Kevin, this is something you need to fix PDQ if the site is
designed for "public access".

HTH,
Fuzzy