Re: HTML 4 and webtv

 Date:  Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:17:14 -0400
 To:  sugarcrisp53(at)webtv.net,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a word: Yes.

In more than one word :-) . . .

WebTV doesn't support any "real" standard fully.

However, 3.2 Wilbur (anyone remember that name? :-) is _currently_ the most
fully supported "advanced" standard out there.

Remember, Micro$oft bought them WebTV. Thus, they feel the world should
change to work with them, not the other way around.

There *are* web TV specific tags/attributes available on the 'net. I'm sure
someone will speak up offering that URL.

Personally (read: *my* opinion),

I have never been able to generate sufficient demographics for web TV users
to warrant writing to those viewers specifically - thus I have never even
tried.

Your mileage may vary.

Seriously, it's that *other* line I preach constantly:

Write to your audience's capabilities. Let your intended viewer
demographics dictate what standard you write to.

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 12:25 PM 8/2/00 -0500, sugarcrisp53(at)webtv.net wrote:
>I just learned from a WebTV users'  that WebTV's browser does not
>support HTML 4.0, but I validate all my page with the !DOCTYPE HTML 4.0,
>"transitional" and "loose.dtd"
>If this is the case (No HTML 4 for WebTV) then what should I use? HTML
>3.2?
Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us