Re: page crashes . . .

 Date:  Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:28:50 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Wow. What a great example of cooperation and teamwork !!

As the eternal stick in the mud, I have another comment (would you have
expected any less? :-)).

I would just like to point out/remind that a DTD statement is a
~~required~~ part of any HTML file.

The exclusion of this (sometimes) simple element alone ~definitely~ can
render a document unpredictable and/or unstable. My personal experience
tends to support the opinion that the more "complex" (or should that be
"advanced"?) the elements included in the document, the more prone it is to
render unpredictably when that (or any) ~required~ element is missing or
malformed.

Again, threads like this one make me really proud to be associated with
such a group of people.

Thank you, each and every one of you.
Fuzzy

At 08:51 PM 8/2/00 -0400, Thomas James Allen wrote:
[ . . .]
>Sure. It WAS intriguing. It took me only about 12 browser crashes to narrow
>it down, and another 4 to confirm it! It's not via any sharpness, but
>persistence!
[ . . .]
Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net