Re: Tab Delimiting (was Re: Excel Spreadsheets)

 Date:  Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:53:52 -0400
 To:  Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>,
"Shelley Watson" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<giggle>
You go to FILE / IMPORT
<giggle>

Seriously.

Look in the DB program of your choosing, now look at the "file" menu. Right
there next to each other <:-> like best friends, IMPORT and EXPORT.

Importing a delimited file into a BD program is *almost* as easy as
exporting one. The big difference is that (in most cases) you get a sample
of the data (one complete record) and a listing of the fields in your data
base. You simply drag and drop / check or uncheck / select or deselect as
required to match up your existing fields with your (to import) data. When
you are happy, just press the "do it" button, and pray :-).

HTH,
Fuzzy