Re: Creating watermarks

by "Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:53:50 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Excellent suggestion  Bab ( <chuckle> and I thought Fuzzy was an odd name
;-0)!

May I respectfully offer "the rest of the story" (sorry Paul Harvey)?

Be very careful about file size. Barbara's image used in the example (
http://www.discoveryservices.com/ )is only 8 k. TINY by screen sized image
standards. Chances are pretty slim you will be able to create a like sized
file without a lot of practice (knowledge) and a simple graphic -forget
anything even close to photo realistic.

Secondly . . .

The "fixedBG" attribute is MSIE specific. Everyone else on the planet, that
can view bg images, will see the BG scroll right along with the page.

In closing . . . I would probably go with (and historically have gone with)
this very solution (minus the fixedbg attribute) when necessary, and IF,  I
could still keep the page under twenty to thirty seconds ~total~ on a 28.8
modem. I'm just glad Bab said it first :-)

HTH,
Fuzzy.