Re: WEB HOSTS

 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:43:30 -0400
 To:  "Marcia" <marciaanddarin(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm going to take a slightly different approach (I know, big surprise).

I'm going to recommend a *local* (geographically) host.

Granted, you can probably find a better price on the web somewhere.

However, it is my opinion that having the ability to go physically knock on
your host's front door is a _substantial_ advantage, and worth (in my
humble opinion) the few more bucks a month.

Just don't get your self in the long run trap of hosting your own
domain(s), that is almost worse then the WORST free hosts. You have no one
at all to scream at when things go down the tubes. Well, may be I should
say that hosting your own domain(s) will leave you screaming at yourself
sometimes . . . this can be embracing when other people are in the room
(the voice of experience).

HTH,
Fuzzy