Re: Meta Tags

 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:54:00 -0400
 To:  "Susan Kemp" <SusanKemp(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susan,

I think one of the most efficient ways to answer your question is by example:

<.META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="power washer,pumps,pressure,washer,pressure
washer,pressure,pressure cleaner,pressure washing equipment,pressure
cleaning equipment,chemical injector, high pressure hose,hot water
washer,hot water,pressure washing accessories"><.META NAME="DESCRIPTION"
CONTENT="Full featured assortment of direct drive, belt driven and gear
driven pressure washers. Pressure washing equipment at the lowest prices
possible.">

This is included inside the <.HEAD><./HEAD> tags.

Please note, the "."'s get removed from just inside the"<" at the beginning
of each element before inclusion in your document.

Now . . .

The last I heard, _most_ (automated) search services allow a maximum of
1024 characters (including spaces) to be included before they completely
disregard the information contained in the META info.

I'm sure someone will straighten me out on that if it is not correct -
well, I hope so anyway ;-)

HTH,
Fuzzy