Re: Meta Tags <II>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:08:40 -0400
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
<Fuzzy mounting soap box>

Please notice the "important" part of what Ted said (sorry Ted, I mean no
disrespect [I couldn't resist that one!]).

"UNLESS of course--someone asks FP or any other editor to do something that
should not be done."

BINGO !! Sorry for shouting, but that's important. That backs a LOT of
"new" HTML authors into a corner. Chances are if "they" knew what html
would (should) and would not (should not) do, they would not be using a
WYSIWYG editor in the first place.

Obviously I need to go on to state (before my in box starts smoking) that
there are exceptions.

Ted for instance is a GREAT example. He _obviously_ knows HTML and a lot
more pretty thoroughly, so *why* does he use it?

Correct me if I'm wrong here Ted (like you wouldn't do that even if I
didn't ask :-)), but it's that all important resource - time.

Again, chime in here Ted, but I would bet Ted doesn't even consider
publishing a page until he has thoroughly scoured the raw code by eye-ball.
You can not do that ~effectively~ without knowing the language at a fluent
level.

Bottom line: Know thy HTML - there IS NO substitute!
</dismounting soap box . . . with a stupid grin>
Fuzzy.