Re: &nbsp for td

 Date:  Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:09:15 -0400
 To:  "Shelley Watson" <shelleyw(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Shelley,

my vote is for the .gif because of the sizing flexibility it offers (a 2X5
pixel transparent gif is ~tiny~ in terms of file size, but can be stretched
dimensionally, by the definition in the img tag, to meet any [practical]
spacing need without making the file download any larger).

As far as "issues", I interpret that to mean
stability/reliability/predictability issues.

As most folks know, IE and NS render (interpret?) spaces differently. It is
my *opinion* that using the .gif would avoid the potential layout problems
associated with this anomaly.

HTH,
Fuzzy