FRame Spacing . . .The End.

 Date:  Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:25:28 -0400
 To:  shawn(at)sportsstuff.com,
html list <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Oh Shawn,

I was hoping a subtle hint would work, but that seems to have been a pipe
dream.

1) Your question WAS answered directly. No less than three times that I am
aware of.

2) Speaking _ solely _ for myself: I picture this list as a learning
environment NOT a "lets get a professional to do it for us - for free" list.

In my mind, that clearly implies an obligation on the part of the person
asking the question(s) to TRY and figure out the answer, using trial and
error if necessary, to work with the people using their valuable time to
TRY and help them.

Apparently, we have some conceptual differences. If my concept of this list
is fundamentally flawed - SAY SO. I'm willing to try and learn new things!

3) Had you viewed the source code for the last _specific _ answer you were
given you would have seen that "putting the image(s) in the BG Frame tag"
is about as far from what you were shown as you can get, and still be
talking about building web pages.

4) ">> I'm sorry for wasting some more valuable bandwidth but I wasn't
aware that
>> getting a good final answer and having some constructive conversation about
>> the topic was a WASTE of anything."

4A) getting a "good final answer" is not the issue here. You have had no
less than THREE that I am personally aware of. You were even given examples
you could have simply copied and pasted to solve this issue.

4B) This string has become ANYTHING but constructive Shawn. After being
answered twice, it quickly became aware that your question should have been:

"I need someone to create and send me the code I need to do this - I'm not
willing to make the effort to work this out and learn from it, so YOU do it
for me."

5) On a parting note: NO ONE has said that "browsers will display the frame
information differently". What was said (and notice the quote): "This is
BROWSER SPECIFIC".

Shawn, that means that it DOES NOT render differently in different
browsers. It means that one browser supports it, the others DO NOT. A
rather large difference!

THIS is a fine example of what has worn me out on this: We're talking
Shawn, you are not listening !!

Now, I'm *quite* sure the list guide is going to smack me about the head
for this post, and I don't blame her. I would too if I was her - but enough
is enough Shawn. Don't put yourself in the unenviable position of having
filters built by the members of this list _ automatically _ routing your
post into the garbage.

Here is what you need to do:

1) Take this OFF the list. I will GLADLY exchange flame-grams with you
privately if you would like. I think all who know me would agree - I'm a
Master level digital pyromaniac that *loves* a good argument.

suggestions/answers you are given, before cluttering up everyone's mail box
with solid evidence you HAVE NOT tried to solve "your problem" on your own
- despite getting many messages in response to your post.

SeaYa,
Fuzzy
<feeling like he let those (here) that have helped him learn patience and
understanding down>