Re: Hand-coding . . .

 Date:  Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:10:24 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:44 AM 11/20/00 -0800, Lori Eldridge wrote:
[ . . .]
BTW, I don't charge quite as much as other web designers who know as
much as I do because I do all my coding by hand and it may take
longer. But on the other hand those who can afford to buy
DreamWEaver, etc., have to charge more because of their expenses.
Thus I have a very low overhead because I prefer to do things by hand
and I am learning skills that a lot of DreamWeaverists will either
forget or never learned in the first place. So there are positives on
both sides.
[ . . .]

On the other side of the coin . . .

I charge MORE because I code by hand. My code has no errors. That is
something *no one* using a WYSIWYG editor alone can produce.

And "faster with WYSIWYG"  ?? I don't think so.

Have you ever noticed (even in this thread) that people do not seem to have
time to do it right the first time . . . but always find the time to do it
again or go back and fix it?

In the few short years I have been doing this stuff I have found it
unquestionably faster to do it right the first time in my shop.

Oh, it may bear mentioning that one of my favorite shortcuts is as Lori has
mentioned; Templates. It saves a BUNCH of time if you get *them* right the
first time.

HTH,
Fuzzy