Re: frames compatibility<OPINION TIME !!>

by "Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:13:09 -0500
 To:  "Kate Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:44 AM 11/29/00 -0500, Kate Pollara wrote:
>So then why would anyone use frames except for an intranet site?
>Kate Pollara

Wow Kate. What a ~wonderful~ opportunity to voice my not so humble __
opinion __ !!

!! Thanks !!

1) Frames CAN be done effectively, and in some cases to great effect.
2) I hate to break the news, but according to ALL the sources quoted here
recently I have investigated (search services policy on frames) , putting
appropriate navigation links and textual content in the <.NOFRAMES> element
*does* allow a site to be indexed by their services.

Now . . . there IS credence to the thought "Wow, that means I have to do '
double ' the work" - well, as long as you discount the possibility to copy
and paste from the "existing" navigational frame, I guess that IS true.

Please do NOT construe this message to mean "Fuzzy says frames are cool".
Bull Feathers !! Fuzzy pretty much despises frames!! . . . but it is not
because of the frames, it is because of the people that post framed sites
without having the knowledge/commitment to do them properly!

There you have it, and I feel much better now !!

:-)
Fuzzy.