Re: Which is better?

 Date:  Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:23:56 -0500
 To:  "Richardson,
Romaine" <richardr(at)mail.dartnet.peachnet.edu>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Romaine,

Comparing PWS to Apache is very much like comparing apples to oranges.

Apache - WORKS.

Even if you had to pay for it (which you do not) you could not buy a better
(more reliable) better supported (tens of thousands of people willing to
help solve issues that may arise) web server platform.

A downside to Apache? You bet !!!!!!

It is NOT for the "point and click" crowd. You actually ~must~ be computer
literate to get it setup and running. Now, once it is setup, you can forget
about it. An "unstable" installation will possibly need to be rebooted
every few years. If you do it right the first time, your great grand kids
may need to reboot it . . . once.

HTH,
Fuzzy.