Re: WYSIWYG editors . . . still

 Date:  Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:52:13 -0500
 To:  Bill Costlow <atlatyl(at)yahoo.com>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'm curious Bill.

Why several browsers? Isn't it a LOT easier to just copy and paste:

http://validator.w3.org

into your browser, or

<.a href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer">.</a>

into every document you post ??

After all . . . getting a "No Errors Found" return makes it a pretty solid
bet to work as designed, and writing non-standards compliant code is
ASSURANCE that *someone* is DEFINITELY not going to have "success" in
viewing the document . . . possibly, not at all.

With these GIVENS it seems like a waste of a lot of hard drive space, and
coder's time, that would be much better spend learning the HTML  . . . to
me . . .

But of course, these are only my warped opinions. Can you shed a little
light on this for me, please?

Fuzzy.