Re: Top border difficulty and a Table Questions too

 Date:  Mon, 01 Jan 2001 20:16:54 -0500
 To:  <brent(at)dogwoodshelties.net>,
"HTML LIST" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Brent,

First, tables. Well, *I* like to use them because they make the text so
much easier to control, but degrade very nicely with just a little
forethought on the developers part.

Second, You are seeing your header appear at the bottom of the page because
your background image (very pretty by the way) is tiling. It is repeating
its self as necessary to cover the whole screen - that is normal.

BTW, on a 15" monitor at 800X600 I have to scroll sideways to see all your
content. That is usually a bad thing. Fortunately, in this case it is very
easy to fix.

On the top of the page at:

http://www.dogwoodshelties.net/poetry/language.htm

regarding the table your transparent gif is in, change the table width from
"779" to " "100%" ".

Viola!

HTH,
Fuzzy
P.S. You *really* should look into the use of a DTD statement.