It is a Plague

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:04:39 -0500
 To:  Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:43 PM 1/18/01 +0000, Freda Lockert wrote:
[ . . .]
>Someone on the Adobe GoLive user forum posted this link in response
>to a complaint about NN6's failings. It suggests we amend our sites
>to support NN6, and that NN6 will drag us towards greater compliance
>with W3C standards.
[ . . .]

>http://www.webreference.com/js/column72/
>Cheers.
>Freda

And just last week I walked into the local computer superstore (national
chain) and asked for "a seventy two pin non-parity edo ramm simm" in "sixty
four mega-byte".

This cute little pimply blond college kid looked me right in the eye with a
straight face and said:

"We don't have that Sir. All the memory we sell must be installed in pairs."

After spending 10 minutes explaining the basics of computer memory to him,
showing him the separately packaged simms he had hanging on the wall right
behind him, I had to say that I knew the McDonalds down the street was
hiring, and walk away. He quite simply still did not understand.

It is a plague: Stupidity. It is rampant and spreading fast.

Fuzzy
<na, no hidden issues in *my* closet to deal with>