Re: on a table or other method

by "Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:09:13 -0500
 To:  "Roadrunner" <glandry1(at)maine.rr.com>,
"HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well, you do have some choices, I'll outline a few.

1) Tell the boss to take a flying leap (ok, I didn't say all of them were
reasonable).

2) Use CSS or other not very well supported language.

3) Use the MSIE specific border and margin attributes set to "0" or "fixed"
as the case may be.

(actually, I'll hear squawks about that "MSIE specific" part, because it is
part of the transitional 4.X dtd, but that doesn't change the fact that NN
doesn't support it ~at all~.).

Getting that logo ~fixed~ to the corner so that the lines run right into
the edge of the screen (no margins or borders) is not within the design
intent of the language (HTML), remember, it is a markup, not a page layout,
language.

HTH,
Fuzzy.

HTH,