RE: Text line length - Was: [Seen this lately?]

 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:44:11 -0500
 To:  Lead <lead(at)sunshineband.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Buutttt .  . . .

I don't even OWN a dog!

Does anyone know I how I can validate a (ifLesure=Off) (ifOther=On) switch
to use in the font definition tag?

Just kidding. Thanks for your prospective and the clear explanation
Jeniffer. Upon reflection (now that you mention it) I do have to admit some
. . . irritation, when I am busy and start looking for a product or service
and start running across sites full of "flash" and "fluff" that slow down
(noticeably) my ability to get to what I am there for.

I am relieved that font face definitions do not slow down the page very
much, because they can really contribute greatly to the readability of the
information - and before I pause or even insert a period I want to say - IF
they are used intelligently. I would hope that even enterprising young
coders that have not quite figured out that WYSIWYG does not mean WYSIWYG,
realize every computer on earth may not have the font face they define
loaded on it.

Now. Don't get me started on having to use DTD's that allow the use of the
FACE attribute. I would have to contradict practically every word I have
typed today, and that would confuse the hell out of me and you both.

;-)
Fuzzy
<contented realizing he's not the only one that occasionally rows with only
one oar in the water>