Re: HTML 4.01 Transitional vs. HTML 3.2 Final

by "Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:01:56 -0500
 To:  "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Paul,

I obviously disagree with you - big time. But rather than get into a pissin
match over the whole message I would just like to ask a question that will
clarify it all, I think.

Where do ~all~ browser manufacturers get the baseline "rules" that are
absolutely mandatory in order for them to produce their product in a way
that allows it to interact with the web like everyone else's browser does?

The W3.

So much for "us" being able to make our own decisions. So much for the W3
"only making recommendations" and us not being obliged to abide by them.

In closing there is one more thing I need to voice disagreement about. That
is my harping on the newbies to use 3.2 or some other "antique" dtd.

Let's not forget that I ~specifically~ make my living on people who do not
take my advise. I am VERY successful in this business by any measure. Well
over 99% of my customers come back to me exclusively for their web work.

It is very,very,very much in the best interest of my business to promote
the use of bleeding edge proprietary markup to the very best of my ability
on this list or any other public forum I can throw my hat into. Because I
am *specifically* in the business of fixing that crap once they realize I
did indeed know what I was talking about, despite that fact it ran contrary
to "conventional" wisdom.

With all due respect Paul, let me say something to you and everyone else
out there in list land:

"COMPLETELY DISREGARD ~~EVERYTHING~~ YOU SEE FUZZY POST."

He is trying to hold you back. He is trying to get you to turn out crap for
pages. He is trying to drag down the whole damned Internet with his archaic
B.S. **IGNORE HIM**.

My secret is out !
:-)
Fuzzy.