Re: doctype <II>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:32:43 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Tamara (at al),

At 06:30 PM 2/13/01 -0600, Tamara Abbey wrote:
>a product that promises a result should deliver the said result. NS
>promises to uphold the W3C recommendations. Technically it does not do as
>promised since the trans /is/ one of the W3C recs.
>
>While you and I will never agree on the strict v. trans argument given the
>fact that we do work in completely different environments, I think you can
>agree that a promise is a promise and NS failed.

Yes. You are correct, and I conceptually agree. Because I have yet to even
see a screen shot of NN 6 I am hesitant to commit to what it will/will not
do, but I am more than willing to take your word for it.

I guess my tiny mind just get's hung up on the word ~transitional~. I guess
it comes from being married three times. My thinking when referencing the
word is based on understanding the *intention* that support for the
transitional elements that DTD supports will cease in the near future. As
those elements will either be "upgraded" and incorporated into the next
ratified standard or "depreciated" out of existence.

Yes. I should be smart enough to realize that the road to "my house" is
paved with good intentions :-).

Say, where *is* that CSS support anyway? Did anyone ever go get them
browser folks like I asked? I still want to have a talk with them!

Fuzzy.