Re: A fuzzy OPINION<Brick and Broom>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:23:51 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:11 PM 2/20/01 -0600, Tamara Abbey wrote:
[ . . . ]
>Although, I think both customers probably used a sprayer instead of a brick
>or a broom.
>
>8-)
>
>Standards and recommendations are important. I won't argue that. But,
>again, the choice of a tool will ultimately depend on the desired result.
>
>~Tamara

Very well said Tamara - thank you. I have vowed that *someday* I will get a
grip on the English language, but probably not soon :-(

Anyway . . . to carry this through to it's logical conclusion . . . as that
paint sales person.

When those customers came back that had sprayed the paint on the wall
fussing about the lack of brush (or brick) strokes.

Do you reformulate the paint for them?

Heck no. You take one of those little free paint stirring paddles, and
smack them upside the head and tell them to be on their way.

I'm thinking the same thing holds true here. You know they do call it the
*World Wide web*. That means by default ~everyone~ ~everywhere~ "should"
have the reasonable expectation to see and interact with what you publish
there.

So, doesn't that *imply* an obligation on the part of the designer to write
the most accommodating page possible - as a general rule?

It seems to me it would. With the only "reasonable" reason for deviating
being in support of strong demographic evidence ~proving~ your intended
audience _ expects _ this type of presentation in order to be willing to
actually BUY from you. Or, the other real obvious one: You don't CARE what
the world sees or thinks about your pages.

Thus the logic holds that using anything except validated ratified code is
a disservice to the client and the WWW as a whole.

But then again . . .
That's why they call me,
Fuzzy.