Re: weblogs???

 Date:  Sun, 08 Feb 2004 17:50:19 -0500
 To:  sugarcrisp53(at)webtv.net (PRP),
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Pam, as a general rule:

Commercial sites: *Yes* weblogs (server logs?) are, dare I say . . . REALLY
important.
Hobby sites: Probably not.

If what you mean is what I think you mean [web logs = server logs), those
logs can tell you everything from when "they" visited to what color their
socks were at the time of their visit, and pretty much everything in between.

Unless your ISP offers "web stats" interface software of some sort, you are
about to discover another miracle of the web. Server Logs. Just remember,
there are a few humans that actually *can* read them - it is not really
Martian hen scratch put there just to make you feel stupid.

There are a few "processors" out there that will translate them into
"human" for you, but I don't know where they are. I'm Fuzzy, remember?  I
learned how to read them just out of plain, old fashioned, spite.

HTH,
Fuzzy.