Re: Is this off topic?

 Date:  Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:14:01 -0500
 To:  "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:56 PM 2/8/01 -0500, Darrell King wrote:
>Fuzzy has successfully navigated land, sea and Internet.
>
>Fuzzy for president!
>
>:

You know, this is surely WAAAY off topic, but I have to admit to the
strangest phenomenon . . .

For many years I have taken boats (and ships) to sea. Often being out of
site of land for (many) days on end. No visual references at all except the
horizon.

Not once in my entire life have I been lost at sea. NEVER has a Head Pin
(main seaward shipping channel marker) not been pretty close to exactly
where I expected it to be. I have gone out of Ft. Lauderdale, or Miami,
headed East, and wound up at the Bohemian island of the passengers choice,
on many many occasions and not even cracked the chart out of the tube.

There are ~thousands~ of oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. I have ~never~ put
a load at the wrong rig.

I can wander (intentionally) for ~days~ in the woods, and wind up right
back at my camp.

I have been living in a (official) city for three years now. I get lost
~constantly~. I need a map AND directions to find the capitol building (I
live in the state capitol, it is the biggest building in the city and can
be seen for ~miles~ in most any direction). It takes me an hour to go to
the Post Office, because I get lost - every time.

Go figure.
Fuzzy.