RE: Online Store and contracts

by Sandy Fields <webmaster(at)stankirsch.com>

 Date:  Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:36:47 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:56 PM 08/09/1999 -0500, Hugh Blair wrote:
>Hi Carol,
>
>I and the list seem to be confused here.  Are you 'looking into' this option
>for you? or a client?

Thank you, Hugh.  I thought I was the only one that needed clarification on
this.

I couldn't tell whether Carol was trying to open a merchant account for
herself so that she can accept credit cards on her site, or if she was
providing/building an online ordering page or site for a client.

If she's opening a merchant account for herself, she will have to provide
financial information and sign a contract of some kind.  If she's simply
providing a page or site from a client, and it's the client that is opening
a merchant account, then it's the client that must provide the financial
info and sign the contract.

Sandy Fields
diamonique(at)earthlink.net

If the opposite of pro is con, then