WYSIWYG Software

by Sandy Fields <webmaster(at)stankirsch.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:13:46 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:03 AM 08/10/1999 -0400, Shaun L. Sides wrote:

>In theory, I like the way Homesite works.  There's a coding view, in
>which you can hand-write your html stuff.  Then there's a wysiwyg
>view, and another view that basically displays the current doc using
>ie's guts.  But, alas, it was pretty hard on my html, and I'm very
>finicky.  I don't want capitalized tags, and seem to have some sort
>of phobia about them, and Homesite didn't want to do things any
>other way.  It would reformat my nicely indented html, causing fury
>to rise up in me.  I don't think I actually did work in it more than
>once.  Very disappointing.

I use Netscape Composer and find that it likes to change/rearrange some of
my code.  I always have to go into Notepad and fix little things.  It's
quite aggravating.  Is there any web design software out there that lets
things stay exactly the way you create them?  Do they all mess around with
the code?

Sandy Fields
diamonique(at)earthlink.net

If the opposite of pro is con, then