Re: links without underscores

by Sandy Fields <sandy(at)sannicron.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:06:56 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:03 AM 01/28/00 -0600, Isabella wrote:

>I can't see a
>way to keep the underscores from appearing & making all look too busy. Is
>this possible without CSS or anything fancy.

Sure.  Check out the link coding on my page at
http://www.stankirsch.com/links.html.

The syntax is <...a href="url.html" style="text-decoration: none"...>this
text will not have an underline</a>

Without the "..."

>I'm concerned about some of
>the browsers in the field, although we're all supposed to be on IE 4.0 by
>now. (had a problem w/ someone not seeing my ActiveX & had to remove
>mouseovers, etc.)

Version 3 browsers don't have a problem with this code.

-- Sandy
Sandy Fields
Sannicron Web Design
http://www.sannicron.com