Re: Photo Gallery or Slideshow

by Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries(at)acm.org>

 Date:  Mon, 09 Aug 1999 10:16:25 -0400
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would think that a gallery with thumbnails would be far more usable, as
many of the people who want to view the pictures (especially after the
first time) will want to go to just one of them. Going through the slide
show would be linear, when all I want to see is MY picture, and slow, as it
would load all the full-size pics instead of thumbnails.

It's pretty easy to set up a page with a table on it showing thumbnails of
the pics, each one linking to the real pic. FrontPage, which isn't exactly
the best program in the world, can convert images to thumbnails
automatically. For an example, see a personal page of mine at
http://www.armaties.com/yard.htm.

Regards,

Ron
At 01:52 PM 8/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have about 30 photos of my son's wedding that I would like to put
>on my home page.  I only have a stripped-down version of FrontPage
>Express for editing.  It's Wizard is good for FTPing.
>
>Which would use less file-space and bandwidth, a photo gallery or a
>slideshow?
>
>Do you have any resources, URLs, and so forth to recommend?
>
>Thank you in advance!
>    ~Sil
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>http://www.humanbeams.com Minds Without Borders
>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: In a surprise move, Microsoft
>announced today that it will delay the release of Windows2000
>until 1901
>"It's always Sunday morning to a moose, unless it's Sunday afternoon
>or evening." -- D. Marsh

Ronald E Jeffries                      Computer Scientist
11359 Pleasant View Dr          jeffries(at)armaties.com
Pinckney, Mi  48169                 ronjeffries(at)acm.org