Re: ok - I wont

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:15:53 +1000
 To:  ddesign(at)mullum.com.au,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:21 24/08/99 +1000, ddesign(at)mullum.com.au wrote:
>My humble apologies for offending anyone with unethical
>proceedures. I am really sorry. I know it is frustrating not to get out
>of a site but I still want to know 'how' to do it, doesn't mean i will
>use it. - I won't now anyhow.

Basically you create a new window, customise it so it doesn't have any
toolbar, and load the page into that.

Try looking at the HWG-Techniques FAQ, just make sure you have toolbar=no
as part of the window features.  If you want to stop them accessing the
back function from the menu too, then add menubar=no

  http://www.hwg.org/lists/hwg-techniques/faq.html#1

I wouldn't worry too much about "offending people" - it can be a useful
technique when used in the right way.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au