Re: Font Face tag....

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:04:29 +1000
 To:  Craig Monroe <cmonroe11(at)prodigy.net>,
HWGBASICS <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 17:24 25/08/99 -0400, Craig Monroe wrote:
>Well, by this question you all will see that I have been out of the loop for
>a little while...
>Either, I forgot, or I am not understanding something...
>
>I attempted to use the face attribute in my font tag, and it will not
>validate to 3.2.
>Any hint besides css that I can use?

Without a URL to check.....I'd suggest it is because of the way you have
used the FONT tag.  These tags are most likely to cause validation problems
when not opened and closed correctly.

Basically, if you use them WITHIN each <P></P>, and not across paragraphs,
it should work.   While <BODY><FONT....>page content</FONT></BODY> may look
OK on the browser, it won't validate.  For example, a <TABLE> tag is
interpreted as </FONT><TABLE>, which means you then have an extra </FONT>
listed in your file.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au