Re: Best ways/ places to advertise?

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:48:22 +1000
 To:  Jon D <lderrenb(at)vt.edu>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 19:48 17/09/99 -0400, Jon D wrote:
>I'm promoting my site and am wondering whats the best way to advertise? Are
>there certain sites that offer good values?

If it is a business site, then it is imperative that all paper leaving the
office contain the URI - it needs to be on fax sheets, memos, letterhead,
business cards, etc.  Don't get tunnel vision and ONLY think of electronic
advertising.  Your potential customers exist in the real world too, not
just in cyberspace!  Depending on your target audience, cyberspace may not
be the best place to advertise.

Look at forming strategic links with associated sites

Your target audience should help you ascertain which areas to spend your
advertising $$$

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au