Re: Question

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:35:53 -0600
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Ted,

Thank you...

I adjusted the font size in IE and everything fell nicely into place.

<snip>

>Some look at this impertinent font and size choosing by viewers as an
>affront to their superior layout skills and use CSS to control the size and
>font family thus assuring some control over the finished appearance.

I'm going to have to put up with this "impertinence" for the time being,
since CSS is still on my list of things to learn but at least, I know now
that it's not just me ..haha

<snip>

>Granted, some obsolete browsers will not support CSS so one needs to make a
>choice.
>
>Which is more important? Control of the page layout or total support by the
>tiny percentage still using old browsers ??

<snip>

I guess it would be nice to have total control but perhaps that's never
really possible. Maybe those that have to adjust browsers are so accustomed
to doing it, that it either doesn't bother them or they move on or they
just think the designer is lousy...I'm not too thrilled about the last two
options, but not much I can do about it I guess until I get a grip on CSS
and even then there's no guarantee by the looks of it.  Let's just hope it
either looks just right or it doesn't bother them :)

Thanks again...

Kym

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html