RE: please help me find my error

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:42:05 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi all...

<snip>

>Time permitting, when someone on a HWG list requested help I used to regularly
>download the HTML file, jiggle the code and send a personal email with the
>jiggled code back to them showing what I had done.  Whether they could use it
>or not was another story, and it never concerned me if they did/didn't use it.
>I just figured it was my way of giving back what others before me did for me.
>
>I no longer take the time to do that because the number of thank yous for such
>efforts was ZERO.

</snip>

Dennis makes a valid point here...I have offered assistance on a couple of
occasions also and for the most part, people have said "thankyou" but
certainly there have been some instances of silence. I just file those away
in my memory and figure that someone else can help them next time.

I recently asked for help and received lots of useful information both on
and off the list. I publicly thanked everyone in general, and then sent
emails of thanks to the particular individuals as well. IMHO this is only
common courtesy when somebody has gone out of their way to help you.

When somebody opens a door for you in real life, *most* people say thank
you...and this forum is no different. Manners are manners... :)

Just my 2cents.

Kym

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html