Re: htm v. html

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:37:00 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

A midi file is a .mid file and a jpeg is a .jpg.

Following that line of thinking, we would then have to have .bitm, .docu,
.syst, .exec and would a winzip file become .winz ? etc., etc., etc.

I don't think so :)))))))

Kym

At 11:02 AM 03/28/2000 +0200, Nik Gare wrote:
>In article <38E05658.A8975DA(at)raex.com>,
>   Todd Eddy <tristar(at)raex.com> wrote:
><snip>
>>  I personally use the .html extension, mainly because that's
>> what its "supposed" to be.  But, like what was posted in a previous
>> post, servers are configured to except both .htm and .html as pages
><snip>
>
>It probably doesn't matter too much nowadays, but the extensions for jpegs
>and midi files should (AFAIK) be .jpeg & .midi
>Are there any other extensions out there which should be 4 characters
>instead of 3?
>
>TTFN
>Nik
>
>--
>http://www.cheddarcheese.de

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html