Re: Site access permissions

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:00:00 +0930
 To:  "Matt Savage" <mtsavage(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Matt,

I tried to access it with both IE 5.0 and Netscape 6.0 and got the same result.

I have to admit to a wry smile at the IE message which informed me that if
I felt that I should have access to this site, I should attempt to contact
the website by using any email address or phone number which I would find
at ...guess where ? ...the very site that won't open ...*cough*.

If I were you, in future, I would make sure that I was the one doing the
uploading. Not only will you avoid what might be an embarrassing situation,
it will also give you the opportunity to make sure that everything looks
and works as your client has requested and to iron any bugs *before* they
see them.

I imagine that they know that you're just starting out and will be gentle
with you this time :)

Kym

At 11:46 AM 04/12/2000 +0000, Matt Savage wrote:
>Help! I've just started up a business part time with a friend of mine. As a
>first project we set up a little web site for a local hotel. I handed it
>over to the client who used Cute ftp to upload it on to the server. Excited
>to see my first work published I went to the site (using IE5) to be
>presented with this message:
>
>"You are not authorized to view this page
>
>You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the
>credentials you supplied."
>
>I have got a few people to try to access it, with similar results.
>
>Any ideas what's going on here? I presume it's something on the ISP's side.
>
>FYI, the url is www.wyvernhotel.co.uk
>
>TIA
>
>-Matt

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html