Re: Working with Geocities site

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:30:25 +0930
 To:  Albert Chu <alchugby(at)worldnet.att.net>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Albert,

I could be wrong but AFAIK, there is no feature on Geocities for you to
transfer files out of their system. Geocities/Yahoo's system, IMHO is
sufficiently full of security potholes without them actually assisting thieves.

Sounds to me like you're going to have to "rape and pillage" your own site.
Why not just go to your page, select the graphic that you want, ight mouse
click and "save image as" and save the ones you want to your hard drive.

I must admit, I am a little perplexed as to why you would upload any file
and not keep the original on your system, unless you think that by
uploading it to Geocities, you are removing it rather than copying it..in
which case, it is still sitting there somewhere...:))))

Kym

At 03:20 PM 04/12/2000 -0400, Albert Chu wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I used to be a member of this newsgroup but have been away for a while.
>Now I am back.  I still have a website at Geocities but now that they
>have changed a lot, I find it confusing to update my site.  Would
>someone instruct me on how to  copy a file from my site (using the
>advanced editor) onto a floppy or some other medium?  I need to take
>some of the graphics out and use them on something else.  Thanks.
>
>Al Chu

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html