Re: Lawsuit Question

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:38:51 +0930
 To:  Dreamer <dream01(at)mindspring.com>,
Ben Ocean <beno(at)cnw.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Whether or not, someone can be sued, I could care less at this stage...I
don't like strong arm tactics in any medium and you Ben, ought to be
ashamed of yourself. You reply to a question and suggest the poster use
tactics, which IMHO are less than honest and when told that this opinion is
shared by a good number of people, you get defensive and threatening.

You may very well be capable of selling ice blocks to eskimos, but unless
those iceblocks prove beneficial to the eskimo, sooner or later, he's going
to come after your blubber or what's left of it. Any web designer whose
sole motivation is money probably doesn't have the best interests of the
client at heart.

Anybody (please note...I said *anybody* - which includes you but is not
specifically directed at you or your business practices) who is not
completely and totally upfront with a client, deserves everything they get
in terms of lost reputation and business.

You have certainly had your fair share of help from this forum and IMHO,
people have been kind and helpful...I suspect that you have now "bitten the
hand that feeds you" and further assistance may not be as forthcoming. It
strikes me as mildly amusing that you can offend so many people in such a
short time and turn around almost immediately and ask for help from the
very people you have offended.

You might be a "well seasoned salesman" but your behaviour has been more
akin to that of a "well seasoned turkey" !!

Kym

At 01:02 PM 06/20/2000 , Dreamer wrote:

>>Your email has been printed and is being prepared for my cousel.
>>BenO
>Does the whole list really need to know _who_ you're going to sue?
>Besides, this message hardly seems libelous to me. Looks like someone's
>making a suggestion.
>Wait, wait, that was just my opinion, please don't add me to your
>I'm-gonna-sue-'em list.

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
*NEW*...Be sure to visit the "Samples Gallery"...*NEW*
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html