Re: spelling and grammar

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2000 02:01:36 +0930
 To:  ErthWlkr(at)aol.com,
kstets(at)excite.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
<snip>
>I've read and listened to some lectures on "project management" when it comes
>to web site.  Not once was the ediotrial function discussed.  I don't think
>it would harm this industry at all if it turned to the publishing industry
>for some advice - and stopped focusing purely on the marketing end.
>
>Just my thoughts....
>
>- Jeff Kopito

</snip>

I'm not convinced that it's just this industry that needs to take a look at
itself. I've only been back in this country after three years in the States
and I tell you...it's gone to the dog's as far as the media is concerned.
Newspapers are littered with literals, commercials on both radio and
television are the pits when it comes to getting the message across and the
language is dreadful. Sadly, I think it's just the way society is now.

As long as what is heard or read can be reasonably understood, that's good
enough. People just don't care anymore and while people keep buying the
product, there's no incentive to change.

...and before all the Aussies jump on me for being traitorous...there's a
good bit of "junk" on American television and radio too :)

Kym

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
*NEW*...Be sure to visit the "Samples Gallery"...*NEW*
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html