Re: page crashes Netscape - why?

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:05:32 +0930
 To:  Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>,
dis(at)dozier.com
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

*cough*...

<snip>
>When the closing paragraph tag is omitted, NN4.6 crashes every time. A
>unique discovery, you should report this one as a bug report to Netscape.
>
>When the table is omitted, it doesn't matter whether the closing paragraph
>tag is missing (no crashes).
</snip>

Not closing a tag is a "bug"...?

It seems to me that if you get into the habit of closing *all* tags, you're
not going to run foul of things crashing/not working/looking weird.

He or she who leaves doors open is asking for trouble IMHO.

Kym

FoJo Media  -  for Creative Graphics & Web Design
Visit The Garden for FREE graphics
PhotoImpact Users - Get FREE objects in UFO format.
http://www.fojomedia.com