Re: weblogs???

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:12:52 +1030
 To:  "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>,
sugarcrisp53(at)webtv.net (PRP),
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>
>If what you mean is what I think you mean [web logs = server logs), those
>logs can tell you everything from when "they" visited to what color their
>socks were at the time of their visit, and pretty much everything in between.

>Unless your ISP offers "web stats" interface software of some sort, you are
>about to discover another miracle of the web. Server Logs. Just remember,
>there are a few humans that actually *can* read them - it is not really
>Martian hen scratch put there just to make you feel stupid.
</snip>

No, no Fuzzy, *not* that kind of log. These are weblogs - referred to as
"blogs". A friend of mine has one going and as far as I can tell it's a
"platform" for folks who like to write.

I had never heard of them until last week when she informed me that she had
one. Hers is just kinda like an online diary with anecdotes about her life,
her philosophies and stuff.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to make of them, but whatever floats
yer boat :)

The link that was posted earlier, will reveal all.

http://www.rebeccablood.net/essays/weblog_history.html

Kym

ConceptualEyez Design & Media
http://www.conceptualeyez.com/index.html