The Fuzzy Method

 Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:03:47 -0500
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  techcon(at)topica.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Gang,

I made a recent (private) reply to a person who was having trouble getting
their computer to "cooperate".

My comment was:

> Well, there is always the old standby:
>
> Talk real nice and drop a quarter in the floppy drive.
>
> If that doesn't work, go get a big stick and beat the crap out of it.

I got a reply back saying my method worked flawlessly. The computer was no
longer displaying aberrant behavior, it was actually quite subdued now.

In the spirit of productive information sharing, I thought I would pass
these tips along to the list. Now, for those of you hesitant to follow my
advise, I offer this validation of the methodology. It'll take a minute or
two to load for some of you, it's a 406K file, but it surely makes a point.
And it is a method applicable for those of you who find yourselves without
a source of "big sticks" readily at hand.

http://www.canopy.net/badday.mpg

HTH,
Fuzzy.