Re: Is using tables for page layout bad?

 Date:  Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:21:46 -0400
 To:  "Ed Peddycoart" <ed(at)celticblues.com>,
"HWG-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:29 PM 4/5/01 , Ed Peddycoart wrote:

>Is using tables for page layout bad?  Seems like a handy way to do things,
>like position images, blocks of text etc.
>
>Ed

Ed,

it is my opinion that tables are the best way to address your prior post
about frame alternatives.

With a little experience and a couple of on-line equivalency browsers
tables can:

1) Quite useful for page layout and "reasonably" reliable (i don't think
anyone would argue that browser support for tables goes back to at least
the "3.0" versions of the big two).

2) Degrade very adequately, IF you keep degradation in mind during
construction.

To gain some of that experience quickly, go to the archives at:

http://www.hwg.org

and search for "weird" and "tables"  and "&%^$" and "tables". ;-)

HTH,
Fuzzy