Re: 3.2 or not 3.2 (was Re: Broadly Accessible (was Re: Table problem)

 Date:  Wed, 16 May 2001 16:16:47 -0400
 To:  HWG-basics <HWG-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jakob, I have to agree with you because of your accessibility issues ~now~.

However.

The statistics I see on public access (or "public service" if you prefer)
sites definitely show the late 4.X and 5.X browsers filtering down to the
bottom of the statistics, and the 3.X and early 4.X browsers dropping off
the list.

It clearly IS a judgement call in your case, and I think you made the
correct choice.

However.

As those 'newer version' browsers filter down to the point "we" can
reasonably say they have been replaced, "we" do need to plan (budget?) for
a site recoding to (in *my* opinion) XML because of it's extensibility, so
plan now to spend more money (time) later.

HTH,
Fuzzy
<Mike too>