Re: font size and IE5

 Date:  Mon, 21 May 2001 07:15:49 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Janet Burgess" <burgessj(at)post.queensu.ca>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Janet,

first, NN and MSIE render spaces differently, so *any* space (whether
containing a character or not) could (and usually does) render differently
between the two browsers.

Second, save yourself some headaches: Font sizes are set by the viewer on
their local machine(s). What 'we' put in HTML documents is nothing more
than a "suggestion" to the browser software.

HTH,
Fuzzy.